Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Perfect Gift

A Large Box Is Handed To Me, I Can't Help But Want To Know What's Inside.
I Lift The Lid Off It, Only To Find A Smaller Box Inside The Large Box.
Yet Again, Eager To Find Out What's Inside I Lift The Lid, To Find..A Box.
Again..Lifting Off The Lid, Another Box. How Exciting.
You Can See The Disapointment On My Face And Sense The Frustration In My Movement And Speech.
I Think To Myself, It's Just
A Whole Lot Of Boxes Filled With Other Boxes.
Lifting Yet, Another Lid. I Finally Get To A Box That Looks As If It Couldn't Get Any Smaller, But It Did. Hesitating To Open The Next Box, I Toss It Aside Instead.
Frustrated And Angry, I Storm Off To My Room. You Follow After Me, Holding The Box So Close And Hand It To Me Once Again, Saying 'Just One More Box, For Me' With A Smile On Your Face.
So I Open Just One More Box For You, Only To Find A Chain And A Heart Shaped Ring.

The Ring Is Ingraved.. 'Keep Me Safe And I'll Be Yours Forever'.

No comments:

Post a Comment